Monday 2 June 2014

Diamond got a new hair cut! 




Meet April and my 3 Chihuahuas Tequila, Lola and Pepa.


Little stroll in Oxford Island with the dogs












Harlotte shimmer palette

This highly pigmented, long lasting palette from one of my most loved makeup brands , can take you straight from day to an evening look. It has four shimmered colours. 


 The first is a white which you can see in the image below is where I highlighted my brow bone. The second colour is a bronze brass.  the third colour is a light brown and the last is a dark brown with green undertones.    






Karaja Igloss

If you’re a Gloss Girl, then this is the one you've been looking
for. Keeping your lips lusciously hydrated and plumped. It
’s perfect with a sexy smoky eye or with a fresh clean day time look.

The below image is the colour change when your lips are a cooler temperature 

The below image is the colour change when your lips are a warmer temperature 



What They Say
It’s a clear, light gloss that reacts on contact with your lips to become a delicate shade of pink. Karaja claim that each colour is unique and original because, upon application to your lips iGloss adapts to your skin type.

What I think
 I totally agree that each colour is unique and original but I would imagine that the colour change depends on your skin temperature and not your skin type; I just can’t see how skin type would dictate the colour. But maybe that’s something I could write to Karaja and get an answer to. 

It’s priced at £10 for a small tube; the packaging is basic in a plastic sleeve. Its long-lasting on the lips but you do just want to keep reapplying as the Aloe Vera extract moistens the lips, leaving them so soft and silky.

The gloss for me is the perfect shade of pink; it totally enhances your lips without making them look made up. It really makes the lips look soft and seductive. Wear this lip gloss and make your friends insanely jealous of your luscious lips. 





















Yeha new karaja delivery! 







Summer survival skincare 

Changes in the weather can cause havoc with your skin, and the arrival of a new season is the perfect time to reassess your beauty regime accordingly. When the seasons change your skincare regime should change too!

So its time to give your beauty regime a good overhaul.  
Nothing is worse for the skin than a long, cold winter. The heating on full, harsh weather and the lack of fresh air has left me looking dry, dull, cracking, sensitive and dare I say it - wrinkled!

Here are my 5 Top Tips for Spring Skin, to get rid of the winter skin blues




1: Always Use An SPF

Dont assume youre inoculated against sun damage. Its actually the UVA rays which are present all year that are responsible for premature ageing they can even travel through the car windows. So slap on the SPF and whatever you do - avoid the electric beach. I have first hand knowledge of the damage it can cause, as i was a sun-bed devotee in my late teens and early 20s. If only I knew what I know now! It gives you pigmentation, fine lines and basically speeds up the skins ageing process. So, its imperative to use your SPF not just in the summer but also the winter months.  


2: Lighten Up

With the cold winter months behind us, ditch the heavy moisturizing cream and opt for a hydrating gel or emulsion. It will be much lighter on the skin and wont have you looking like an “oil slick half way through the day.

3:Focus On Cleansing

Cleansing is arguably the best route to younger-looking skin. Your cleansing ritual is the most important part of any skincare regime. I prefer a cleansing milk or balm to a foamy cleanser. Your skin needs to feel clean, not tight. If it does feel tight after your cleanse it is likely to be too drying for you. Apply your cleanser in a circular motion and ensure you rinse it completely from your skin.

4: Have a Monthly Facial


A monthly facial is essential to keep the your skin looking fresh and spring clean.  Monthly professional facials will give you a much more targeted skin cleansing routine, more active professional products will be used and you will have your skin analysed. Its a treat for you skin and will keep it looking its best, a deep or lymphatic massage will help drain toxins from the skin. And we all know Toxins mean fine lines, blemishes and dull irritated skin. This also means you can also choose your home skincare routine with more confidence and knowledge.


5: Exfoliation

Exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate. No matter how you want to remove that top layer to revive your youthful glow. Scrubbing that skin is the essential. Never use big grains on the face, the smaller the grain the more gentle yet effective o the skin. 


Image credit - Migro S

Harlotte nude Lipsticks and lippie pots


Harlotte nude Lipsticks and lippie pots come in twelve luscious shades.



I just love the smoky eye and nude lip for a night on the town but find it hard to get a good punchy collection of nudes. That was of course until I discovered Harlotte lipsticks and Lippie pots.
The creamy formula leaves my lips feeling ultra moist.

 It has a healthy amount of shine and feels quite lightweight. There are 12 shades available from the cooler Nude Pinks to the warmer Nude browns that will make even the bold lip lovers go head of heels.


 I put the lip colours on a white background to show the more nude colours that you cant see on my arm swatch. 




 The packaging is feminine yet chic and the lippie pots are perfect for nights out! Slim line little pots with mirrors which can fit perfectly into your skinny jeans, bra or for any bridal emergency touch-up they can be stored in the hidden pocket in the sexy Harlotte garter.




It has a pleasant soft clean baby smell. The scent has such a strong draw that it just lures you in for another sniff.
I didn't find much transfer even after my second bowl of pasta ;)


I usually suit a cooler shade so my favorite shades are “bride’s Nighty” and “Peak-a-boo" 


Dior golden nude highlighter



I love a good highlighter, well tbh I’m a total highlighter junkie.
I purchased The Dior skin Nude Tan (Transat Edition) Golden Shimmer Powder limited edition highlighter, just over a week ago and haven’t put it down. My brides in particular love it on their décolletage and shoulders.

Just look at this marvelous creation, the packaging is so opulent and sophisticated. Even if it was dreadful (which it isn't) it would still sit center stage on my dressing table just for the pure splendor of the case.

But obviously what’s on the inside actually does matter in this instance.


The highlighter is housed in a silver compact with the cannage design. It comes with a kabuki brush and retails at £40.


Dior DreamSkin



Perfectly named Dreamskin. I actually just randomly stumbled upon this product when I was in Debenhams purchasing other beauty products. I'm not usually a lover of Dior skincare as I always find it too heavily perfumed for my super sensitive skin.

Well, I was pleasantly surprised just after the first application. Some might think for a 30ml bottle £79 is rather pricey but I haven't even open my actual retail bottle an   I'm still using the little tester I was given, and that's been twice a day for 1 week and there is still some remaining. 

Its basically like a primer with anti ageing properties. It can be used on its own or after your skincare regime. I use mine after my daily regime as my skin is quite dry and sensitive. 

It is a peachy pink, shimmer thick serum like cream. As soon as it went on, my skin felt smoother, looked less red, brighter and my pores were noticeably refined. 

I would suggest if you have oily skin this might make your skin look more oily as there is no oil-control in it. But for my leathery skin it is perfect. My skin looks luminous and glowing, but with a matte finish and I found my makeup stayed on all day. 
there is a soft floral smell which is not over powering and the packaging(as too be expected from Dior) is glamorous and elegant. 

A product I will definitely re-buy and add to my ever expanding daily skincare regime.

No comments:

Post a Comment