Tuesday 2 September 2014

A little Topshop taster




Ok so finally I'm doing a review on some of Topshops makeup. I'm just dipping my toe in a little, so it's only three products that stood out the most, I want to test the waters before I complete a full haul. 


When Topshop first announced they where releasing a makeup range in 2010, I wasn't that excited. Basically another high street range, blah,blah,blah. 

So I've went and I have completely contradicted myself, and actually bought some, and might even like it. 

My first Topshop purchase was the Smokey Eye Palette in Golden Aura which costs only £12.00 



It is a natural palette coming in four shades, yes that's correct only £3 per shadow. 


1- dark cool brown with kaki green undertones
2- warm light brown 
3- champagne  
4- ivory 

     


All shades have a shimmer to them, which I found to be quite disappointing. But actually once it's applied they sort of fade and you could totally do a day look as well as an evening with this palette. 




But I just love a wee smoked eye. 



I know my packaging is a little dirty, it wasn't when I purchased obviously. I'm just a messy chick when it comes to makeup.
 The case is cute, there is a mirror inside within application and also little steps for doing different eye shadow looks.

This palette is value for money! At only £3 per shadow Topshop you just can't beat it.  I did use my favorite Urban Decay eye shadow primer potion which I think really helped with the longevity. It's highly pigmented , the shadows are great classic staple colours, nothing I haven't seen before though, and we have to remember it's a budget palette so it hasn't the same quality of a Dior or YSL, the with that price, it's worth having in your makeup case. 


My second purchase from Topshop makeup is the Topshop Lipliner in Deception I wanted to try a little two tone look so I went for the Topshop velvet finish lipstick in Depth.


         

                                                                            

Topshop Lipliner in Deception £5 available from 



The Lipliner is a deep red in colour, I found it went on perfectly. Just glided like butter over the lips and stayed in place. Such a beautiful deep, rich red perfect for the holidays. 




Topshop velvet finish lipstick in Depth £8 available from 




Now on to the gorgeous Topshop velvet finish lipstick in Depth. A deep burgundy, it's a smooth moisturizing lipstick that has a matte finish. I didn't find that it lasted that long and it doesn't have a colour that flows over the lip, it's sheer in places and has to be reapplied a few times to get a deep colour over the full lips. I feel a matte colour should have a lot more depth in it, but the colour for me is stunning.


 
Easy evening look 

This is a very versatile palette that can be used both day and evening. 


 

 Day look 


All in all the few pieces I purchased from Topshop where value for money and good enough quality. Now I just can't wait to some Autumn winter collections arrive. 


Don't forget to subscribe to my blog for all the lastest tips and reviews straight to your email. 

    





No comments:

Post a Comment