Tuesday 9 September 2014

Brilliant Eccentric Eyes


This Autumn/Winter 2014 eyes are the focus, sorry lipstick junkies!

With the dark nights only around the corner, luxury, opulent and moody eyes are always a favorite fall/winter makeup. You should vamp it up a little in the winter nights, with more dark colours to compliment the changing seasons.More lashes and more liner! But always keep the skin minimal and natural. Control yourself with that contouring palette ladies ;) 


       


Backstage at the autumn/winter shows it was all about the eyes and natural skin. Outlandish eyes with greens, lilacs, metallic and reds. Dior went with liquid latex on the eyes, lilac was a winner for Chloe, Versace went with super long lashes while Alexander mc Queen opted for eye catching feathery brows. 

I wanted to try and create a luxurious autumnal makeup look with Karaja Aqua colour eye shadow no.22. 



              






 Ok, the shadow is highly pigmented, with a metallic effect and just enough sparkle. It can be used dry for a lighter finish but use with a damp brush for maximum results,  my personal favorite!

I couldn't believe how strong and long lasting the colours were in this palette, I just wasn't expecting this bang for your buck. Its priced at £18.50 from here





1. Perfect burnt orange 
2. Deep plumb with pink undertones
3.Highly pigmented metallic gold

My inspiration for this makeup was from the Givenchy autumn/winter 2014 collection. From snake print to butterfly's, the collection was full of deep browns, oranges, reds and plums. For me Givenchy completely captured the luxury of those autumn evenings. 

Picture from Vogue magazine Sept issue 


The first 3 images of my makeup are filter free, the last one (4) is filtered. 

I started with a triangle of gold shadow in the middle of my lid, then used the plum in the outer and inner corners.



I blended the colours out with the burnt orange 




I lined the eyes with Harlotte smudge eyeliner in black and then smoked out first with burnt orange and then with gold.


I finished the look with Harlotte cheater lipstick. 




So what do you think?


Please don't forgot to subscribe to my blog, by going to the main page a add email in follow by email, you will then get a confirmation email sent to you, then you can activate your subscription. 


No comments:

Post a Comment